A vital part of home ownership is taking care of the roof. Most people neglect their roof, thinking that it is a project that can wait. The problem that most homeowners forget is how the roof protects the whole interior of your home. You can save thousands of dollars in the future by replacing your roof before having to fix the inside of your home. For example, why should you put expensive wood floors in your home if the roof could start to leak on your brand new flooring a couple of months down the road? Here are a few tips that our contractors recommend to properly maintain your roof:
- Clean off any debris that happens to be on your roof. Water can build up from collected debris which can then lead to decay.
- Cut back any trees or branches that are hanging over your roof. This will prevent damaging winds from knocking branches onto your roof.
- You should also check out the flashing on your roof to see if new caulk should be added to the area. Make sure to remove the old caulk first and wipe clean before adding any new caulk.
- If you happen to have a chimney on your roof - look it over for any cracks or extensive damage.
- Check to see if you have any loose or damaged shingles on your roof. If any of the shingles are damaged - replace them. If any are loose - use roof cement to secure the shingle down.
- Always make sure to clean out your gutters.
These are a few things that you can do to keep up the maintenance of your roof. If your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, don't hesitate to call Legacy Restoration to tackle the job. Additionally, don’t try to do it yourself! A professional will make sure that the job gets done correctly and up to code.
If you call or contact Legacy Restoration today - we will provide a FREE estimate for any roofing services project. Click here to learn more.
Subscribe to Legacy Restoration LLC's Blog